Ferrero Rocher cake with ready-made sponge
I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t like Ferrero Rocher. I made Ferrero Rocher cake on several occasions with different ingredients, but this version turned out to be the best one.
The Homemade base for the cake is always better than the ready-made one. However, since I’ve already had one, I wanted to give it a try. The biggest downside of the ready-made sponge is that it easily falls apart if the cake stays in the fridge for more than a couple of days. Almost like it slowly dissipates. That is why it is recommended to eat it in 2 days tops. 🙂
You will also find the recipe for the Ferrero Rocher cake base below.
As for the ready-made cake sponge, you can buy it at Starsky’s or other Polish stores.
For the cream:
– 500 g mascarpone cheese
– 1/2 l whipping cream
– 400 g Nutella or any chocolate hazelnut spread
– 80 g crushed roasted hazelnuts
– 80 g crushed hazelnut wafers
For the chocolate glaze:
– 200 g semisweet chocolate
– 50 g butter
– whipping cream
You will also need to mix 100 ml of warm milk, 2 teaspoons of cocoa and 1 teaspoon of sugar for sprinkling.
1. Wisk the whipping cream, but only 400g. You will use the rest for the chocolate glaze. Add sugar if needed. I add 1 tablespoon.
2. Mix the cheese and Nutella and add the whipped cream.
3. The ready made sponge is already cut in three layers. Sprinkle the first layer with cocoa milk. Put 1/3 of the cream and spread evenly. Sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts and waffles. Put the second cake layer on top and press to adhere. Sprinkle with cocoa milk, spread 1/3 of the cream, sprinkle with hazelnut and wafers. Repeat with the third layer. Cover the cake sides and top of the cake with the rest of the cream.
4. Melt 200g of chocolate with 50 g of butter and add the rest of the whipping cream. Stir until well blended. Leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
5. Pour the melted chocolate over the top and spread evenly. Decorate with crushed hazelnuts and wafers.
For the cake base:
– 5 eggs
– 100 g chocolate
– 150 g sugar
– 70 g all-purpose flour
– 1 baking powder
– 2 tablespoons finely crushed hazelnuts
– 70 g butter
– 30 g breadcrumbs
1. Prepare a 10 inch/26 cm springform pan. Grease the pan with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate and let it cool down.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff.
4. Beat egg yolks with sugar, add flour, baking powder, vanilla sugar, crumbs, finely crushed hazelnuts, melted chocolate. Add egg whites and stir carefully. Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 30 minutes at 400F/200C. Insert a toothpick in the center and if comes out clean, the base is baked.
5. Once baked, leave in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Cut into 3 equal layers.